We interviewed several women who are currently served or recently served, and they all agree that basic items for the rest of us actually mean so much to them. Items on their wishlist include the following (trial sizes are great!):
- deep conditioner, leave-in conditioners
- flavored chapstick/lip balm
- facial moisturizers and other skin care products
- nice smelling soaps
- nice smelling shampoos & conditioners
- facial masks
- fashion/women’s magazines
- romance/drama/comedy novels (please avoid death and violent types)
- manicure/pedicure items like nail files, nail clippers, nail buffers, cuticle pushers, nail brushes
- feminine hygiene products
- blank postcards and nice stationery
- Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags
- Shipping Tape
If you are a female servicewoman and you think there are items that we may have forgotten on our list, let us know! E-mail contact AT operationcourage DOT org
We accept donated items that are new, not expired, unused and never opened. Hotel-labelled items are not accepted. Due to USPS shipping restrictions, we cannot accept hazardous or highly flammable materials, including aerosols and perfumes. Food items should be self-contained, non-perishable and resistant to high heat degradation. Individual or bulk donations accepted. Please wrap all liquid donations in plastic bags in case of leakage.
Product donations may be sent to:OCIB
c/o The UPS Store
9921 Carmel Mountain Road
San Diego, CA 92129
Care packages are packaged and shipped for FREE by Operation Courage is Beautiful.
Nominate a troop member by submitting a nomination form.